The Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung (FES), is the oldest political foundation in Germany with a rich tradition in social democracy dating back to its foundation in 1925. Our work focuses on the core ideas and values of social democracy, freedom, justice, and solidarity. With more than 100 offices worldwide, FES has built a vast network of international partners, contacts, and friends.
In the Middle East and North Africa (MENA), FES has 11 offices and implements projects in 14 countries. Alongside the national projects, regional programmes work on central subjects with a regional dimension, such as trade unions, economic policy, climate and energy, peace and security and migration.
FES MENA is searching for an inspiring and dynamic team member to become the Media and Public Relations Manager for these regional programmes in MENA. The position is based in the FES office in Tunis (tunisia.fes.de). Candidates should be available as soon as possible.
- Maintain close contact with team members of FES regional programmes across the region (Amman, Beirut, Tunis) and other national offices in the region, to coordinate the public relation activities of FES MENA.
- Manage the creation, editing and publishing of relevant and original content for the regional FES website mena.fes.de (including images, videos, and text).
- Oversee the creation, editing and publishing of relevant and original content for several social media platforms, like Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram (including images, videos, and text).
- Develop and coordinate social media campaigns for all existing outlets of different FES projects across the region.
- Cover events on several social media platforms.
- Develop and coordinate relationships with relevant media houses (including online and offline) across the MENA region and draft press releases for major projects and events of FES
- Support and coach the national offices to improve their public relations activities.
- Coordinate and cooperate with the communication team of FES headquarters in Germany and on the global level.
- An advanced degree in journalism, communication, political science, law, humanities, or other related social sciences.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Arabic (Modern Standard Arabic, reading, writing, and speaking).
- French and or German is an asset.
- Working experience in developing social media campaigns, content management for online platforms or journalism.
- Previous knowledge in creating original online content (image, video, and text), design skills in Photoshop etc. are a plus. Please attach 1-2 examples of previous work in your application, if possible.
- Familiarity with website management, previous knowledge in using Content Management System Typo3 is an asset.
- Previous experience in international development cooperation is an asset.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and online collaboration tools, such as Office 365 and similar programmes.
- Readiness to travel outside the country of residence, mainly in the Middle East and North Africa.
- Demonstrate team spirit, team responsibility and excellent communication skills.
- Visionary, ability to work independently, produce an original working style and showcase autonomous ideas, self-starter
How to apply
The application is open to Tunisians and non-Tunisians, but FES can only facilitate the work permit in Tunisia; costs for moving and installation in Tunisia cannot be covered. Tunisian laws and regulations apply.
Submit a resumé (max. 2 pages) with one name for reference, one-page cover letter, one-page CV and a writing sample (Facebook post/design or blog max. 1.000 words, inclusive of the hyperlink) from a platform you had contributed or managed in English or Arabic to RH.Tunisie(at)fes.de until 30 November 2021.
Interviews with appropriate candidates will take place in December 2021 in Tunis or via Skype. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.